A Jump into Summer
Thursday June 20th, 2013
Located on the Detroit River in Downtown Detroit, MI
Thursday, June 20th, 2013 at Belle Isle we will uplift our city and most importantly our youth. Starting at noon, metro Detroit will be able to enjoy food, live entertainment, games, live art/science exhibits and leave with important information on how to remain safe, active and productive this summer.
Our mission is to create a positive and uplifting environment
For the youth/families in our community. We want the youth to leave this event with very valuable yet useful information on violence prevention, gun safety, ways to get and remain active this summer, events, programs and clubs they can get involved throughout the summer and future resources and contacts to help them with various problems and issues.
We want this picnic to be big for the city of Detroit. We want to bring a positive light back to our city and let the youth know, someone is thinking about them and we do care about them. In order for this picnic to be a huge success, we need the help of the community. We need everyone to get involved to make a major difference, in hopefully, every child/parent that attends. Although this picnic is for the youth, we want to make sure we send the parents home with information as well on how to make sure their children have a very safe, active and productive summer!
Promoting a safe summer:
- Give the children information on violence prevention. Resources/contacts they can use in case of emergencies.
- Gun Prevention: Keeping our children and streets safe.
- Organizations in which the youth can get involved with this summer.
- Giving the older crowd (some middle and high school students) information on safe sex/abstinence, pregnancy prevention and resources they can use in the fight against STD’s/STI’s and HIV/AIDS.
Promoting an active/productive summer:
- Give the children information on the First Lady’s fight against Obesity in the US.
- Give the children resources they can use to get involved with organizations to stay active this summer. (Camps, sports, YMCA’s, Boys and Girls Clubs etc)
- Healthy meal/snack ideas
- We will have Chief Killz Trainer at this event setting up various sport stations for the kids to learn basic techniques for each one. (Basketball, soccer, baseball, etc)
To be a volunteer or sponsor for this event, please email us at amordemoda1@gmail.